Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Welcome to the fox den!

Okay so we're pretty proud of our fox den. We've been dedicating some time to it each weekend (when I get a burst of energy I retreat to the den and see what I can do). For comparison purposes, here's the fox den a month ago:

Luckily, our landlord offered to paint the room before we moved in, and we'd already picked a color. He also installed the overhead light I custom ordered, saving us from a crash course in electrical wiring.
First Dave put together the crib:

Then he hung some curtains:

(I always know when Dave is doing a home project because I hear some drilling followed by "sh*t".)
I put up my foxy wall decal, which I bought from Blik and, unfortunately, didn't hand paint myself. Flexing my artistic prowess while perched on a ladder isn't on my agenda these days.

We had some art to hang, and I scored a sweet letterpressed fox clock at my baby shower.

I've been washing sheets and folding little blankets like it's my job.

I also cleaned up this dresser that we scored for free from the neighbors, lined the drawers with contact paper and filled them with baby stuff.

And now we just need a happy little baby to make the room complete!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got choked up reading this and seeing the photos, so soon!

Erin said...

ADORABLE!!! love love love it....