Friday, June 11, 2010

A week in the life: Day 3

This is the third and final shirt that I've tried on. All the others seems just a little short to cover my belly. This shirt is a total wardrobe staple.

I can't believe I've lived in Seattle 4 years this month! I only meant to stay for two. I remember when I first arrived after living in Queens, I thought it smelled so much better than NYC. Where, as Ani says, the sun bakes the trash on the curbs. I walk by these flowers on my way to the bus stop. They look like paper.

I'm working on some charts and writing a strategic plan for NOAA Fisheries. These are the scientists who are trying to save the living species in the Gulf Coast. Our client does world class science in cramped and under-funded facilities. We're trying to identify where and how to get some better digs. I like this project. It's my first brush with science in about 10 years.

A little after 4 pm and time for some stairwell yoga. I woke up really sore, wondering if it’s from pregnancy or yoga. I do this right angle stretch every afternoon. I’m looking forward to getting my body back. Five more weeks, more or less.

I took the local bus home because I detest my new downtown bus stop. It's half junkies and losers, half professionals. The local takes waaay longer but drops me off in front of our teeny, tiny neighborhood library, where I pick up a book on hold.

I make my friends Dara and Charlie veggie enchiladas for dinner. They have a 6 week old baby. The recipe is from my friend Brent. When it's ready I take it out of the oven, wrap the dish in an old towel and drive it a few blocks to their house. I have to hustle to get there around 7.

I'm negotiating with Dave about our weekend plans, which are filling up fast and making me anxious. I don't like to book out my weekends!

Dave talks to our neighbor Ruth, who is planting veggies in our garden while it rains. Our landlord says she could use it, and we don't garden (yet??). Ruth says we can pick the lettuce and tomatoes when they sprout, or whatever it is veggies do.

1 comment:

Wesley Kirkman said...

Ya'll need to get on that garden! Very valuable. I'm having to set up a community garden just to get some space for veggie planting, since my 6 sf of porch is already packed to the gills and the City's p-patch program takes years of cycling through the wait list. Check out my project: http://www.alleycatacres.com/2010/05/gardening-opportunity-at-13th-marion.html