Sunday, June 13, 2010

A week in the life: Day 5

Breakfast of champions.

I take a walk to get an iced Americano in Tangletown. On my way home a crow swoops down over my head, cawing loudly, twice. It shook me up. I know they like shiny things but I'm not wearing sequins or anything.

Becky, Cookie and Leslie pick me up for my 'family' baby shower in Olympia.

Cupcakes! That crow would like these plates.

The host lives on a breathtaking piece of property in south Puget Sound. It's cool to look east and see water, just like home. Except there aren't 14,000 ft mountains, like Mount Rainier, in New England.

Kim's daughter Lila helps me open gifts. She calls me 'Awna' and captures my heart.

We got some awesome homemade baby stuff and a blessing read by the family.

Becky drives me to University Place where I meet up with Dave. His best friend, Mikey is in town for the weekend and the Madden family makes salmon for dinner. Hanging out on another beautiful waterfront home is a great way to end the day.

No comments: