Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kale, glorious kale!

Our Paleo experiment was informative, an exercise in creativity, and oddly appealing towards the end. But we are done with it, at least for now. Yesterday I checked out our grocery budget from last month, and yep, we're done. As I told my friend Erin, it's like going on a lobster, Kobe steak, and truffles diet. It's just not practical at this time.

Dave and I both enjoyed eating more veggies. Just heat up some olive oil, toss in some salt, and voila-- delicious kale! Or eggplant! I also made some sweet-potato fries more than once. But the meat-eating was a little OOC (out of control, for the uninitiated). So yesterday I made a sandwich and fell back into the Barca-lounger with a sigh of relief that I didn't have to spend quality time with the stove in order to eat.

For now, we'll aim to shop the perimeter of the grocery store, eat foods with the fewest number of ingredients, and limit refined sugar. But we already knew that!

In totally unrelated news, I'm really enjoying my job, and Edie is really enjoying her feet. I get to work on some marketing and graphic design stuff, and Edie gets to explore uncharted body terrain. 2011 is starting off fine, just fine.

No comments: