Wednesday, September 23, 2009

books and bottle openers


On Tuesday, two of my colleagues and I conducted a workshop at a nearby Navy base. This base is on it's own island and it is a mecca for wildlife. No development, tons of evergreens and miles of pristine shoreline. Eight bald eagles nests! Deer running wild! Seals frolicking! It's probably what the Olympic Peninsula looked like 50 years ago. Anyway, long story short it was a beautiful day and we all know those are numbered. None of us felt like going back to the office after we ate lunch and Dutch apple pie with our clients at a greasy spoon. So we picked up a sixer and hung out on the island next to our lovely Navy base. We managed to make our way back to the evening ferry, where I read my book. Quite the Navy day. I filed the hours as 'reconnaisance'.

1 comment:

Wesley Kirkman said...

Oye! Hopefully no one else at works reads your blog ;)