Wednesday, September 16, 2009

have you seen the remote?

I have long been proud to say "I'm not really into TV". I'm sure it's obnoxious, as most people are into TV, if not supremely into it. Somehow my disinterest in TV was a badge of honor. It's the direct result of some seriously strict TV privileges as a kid. (I remember my Dad let me and my sis watch Wonder Years while my mom was at Central Connecticut, getting her Masters degree at night. She came home, and guns were blazing because we were in front of the boob tube on a school night. That was the end of my knowledge of Kevin Arnold's antics).

Fast forward about 18 years (which you can actually do on TVs now!) This summer we bought a flat screen after the old hunka mysterious broke. Dave gave me a few remote control tutorials, and I now have total management over some gooood TV watchin'. I'm down with our On Demand service. It's totally efficient. Current obsessions include Top Chef (go Jennifer!), Project Runway (go Carol Hannah!), and Mad Men (go Joanie!). Oh yes, and the MTV opus, Sixteen and Pregnant.

I think Dave is startin to sweat now that he's got competition for the idiot box. When his softball team decided not to play this season I was actually bummed because it meant I did not have remote control autonomy Friday nights. What am I becoming?

3 comments:

Wesley Kirkman said...

Step away from the remote control Kitzmania

Erin said...

didn't know you were a top chef fan! Dean actually knows the brothers- so we're rooting for them... :)

Shawna said...

Those bros are pretty awesome. I like them, also Jen and the dude Kevin from Atlanta.