Saturday, September 12, 2009

keeping the wheels on

Summer is slowly slipping away, which opens new opportunities (doing more artwork, cooking big meals that require a stove) and closes the door on other delights (the sun, long days, aggressive use of our beloved grill). Today it's so beautiful outside and I want to do something but don't know what. Maybe I'll ride the ol' bike.


I've been riding lately after a month-long haitus. Dave outfitted my bike with a pannier (modern day saddle bag) and a headlight, plus I got a super cute helmet. Nothing gets a girl in gear like... new gear. I also had my final Crossfit personal training sesh today. My trainer pumped up my ego by asking if I was a rock climber or gymnast, because I have a strong upper body and I "move well". But then he made me do wall-ball jumps, and said "A-ha! I found something you aren't good at!". At which point I spit on the ground, stormed out in a rage and pedaled home. Or something like that.

Last week my whole family was gathered at the cabin in CT for Labor Day festivities. I totally felt left out and wanted to be there to meet my cousin's new baby (the first of our generation). When I talked to my sis this week, I lamented the fact that while I can make it to Christmas and weddings on the East Coast, I miss all the smaller and impromptu gatherings. She reminded me to enjoy the friends and family I have here, because once we're gone, we'll be missing THEM. So I'm focusing on enjoying my Northwest peeps! My sister, she's so smart.

No comments: