Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Missing class and Feist


I opted out of class tonight for the sake of my mental health. I haven't had a free moment since I got back from Erin's wedding in Charlottesville, VA. I've been trying to keep some order in my apartment but it's been pretty disgusting, I haven't unpacked my bags yet, and my cupboards were bare. I also felt like I hadn't worked out since the Clinton administration so I went to the gym, which is cheap but a hole, and came home to clean and do laundry.

I used to love the smell of Clorox bleach. Something about the antiseptic and clean smell was comforting. Ever since I went "shopping" at the free pile in my building's laundry room and found a bottle of Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day countertop spray, I've been all about that organic gardenia scent. OMG I really am turning into a Seattleite. I gotta get rid of the Clorox, because now I just feel the fumes choking my virgin lungs.

Feist is playing at the Paramount tonight (a very old, very beautiful theater). I am obviously not there, despite my love for her.

Erin's wedding was this past weekend. As my friends can attest my digital camera is large and I have to warm it up before it does its thing. Henceforth, my photos are crappy, but I do recommend Jay and Maegen's. They were taken with a camera built in this century. The wedding was a blast, the weather was warm, dry and sunny, and I got to spend time with my old friends. And historic downtown C'ville is pretty cool. After my trip down south I stopped in NYC and met my family. We did our annual krazy Kristmas photoshoot (thanks Jeff!). But I'm sworn to secrecy as to what the theme is. I will say that we were foiled by the NYC marathon. Fun times all around.

1 comment:

Erin said...

do i have a double chin here?? i love you shawna, it was awesome to see your cute face!!