Monday, February 15, 2010

Oh the glory of it all!

How can I summarize another whirlwind wedding weekend? Wonderful. My sister married her longtime beau, Jeff. They had a pretty short engagement (even shorter than ours, if possible) and Ashley was a fearless task master with all the planning details. She crossed every T and dotted every lower-case J. Meanwhile, Jeff managed all music related duties, a job he took quite seriously. KEXP would be jealous of his setlists. The result was a thoroughly fun and beautiful wintery affair.

There were so many awesome moments over our short trip to New York. I'll try to capture some highlights (since I didn't capture anything with my camera).

Ashley's Disney princess-worthy dress (handmade!), gloves, and hairdo.


My toast. Okay that is sort of bragging but I did it well, and without the aid of my friend white wine! I thank Dave, who is so supportive and reassuring, for boosting my ego. Afterwards, I celebrated with a Shirley Temple, a drink I used to down at my aunts' weddings. They tasted waaay better in 1989.

Dad's pitch-perfect toast, nearly thwarted by emotions, concluded with a well-played toss of his speech notes into the crowd, and a roar of applause.


Like I mentioned, Jeff's hand picked soundtrack, which was tailored to each stage of the evening. I especially loved walking out of the ceremony to the closing song from True Romance. And there is no way people can sit still if Billie Jean is playing. Dave requested a copy of the setlist so we can listen to something besides our own wedding mix.


Hanging with my fellow pregini Michelle. We miraculously fit into our bridesmaid dresses and what we passed up at the bar we compensated for at the fondue table. Fruit dipped in chocolate? That shit is bananas.

And last but not least, spending time with my peeps. Never a dull moment with those family and friends. With no foreseeable family weddings in sight Dave and I are actually a little blue...