Saturday, August 15, 2009

pump you up


Apparently it is impossible for me to not make plans. I was happily enjoying my down time, then by some improbable slip, I asked some friends to go lawn bowling, made an appointment with a trainer at Crossfit, and agreed to trek down to Tacoma to visit Dave's uncle. Before I knew it, my date book was full.

Then felt constricted. I bailed on lawn bowling, and turns out Dave never called his uncle to arrange plans. But I am still going to Crossfit today. I've been interested in their military-like exercises that focus on whole body coordination and strength (think climbing ropes for time and deadlifting your body weight). I don't know if I'll pursue it, since I already pay for and enjoy my gym, but I think four years of curiousity warrants a visit to the ol' body shop. I will say I am unabashedly proud of my muscles in this photo from our honeymoon. Huzzah!


Also, I'm thinking about taking a letterpress class at an art school conveniently located between work and home. I've been meaning to check out letterpress for a long time. It is all the rage these days in crafty wedding-invitation circles, but the technique has been around since the mid 15th-century. Here's a letterpress card from Ilee Papergoods, one of my faves, out of Seattle.


I'm definitely digging the post-wedding brain space and time...lots more room to dream about my next projects. We'll see which ones I pursue...

1 comment:

Jess and Kim said...

love the muscle shot. hot!