Sunday, December 9, 2007

Step into my office, baby.


I made my holiday cards today, finally. (Not shown here, so I can surprise my friends). I love when the studio is empty; I get this monstrous, industrial space to listen to the radio and act like a one-woman production line. You'd be lucky to find a space like this in NYC. When I was printing at School of Visual Arts, it was each man for himself in a constrained space. I had to practically sign up for every god-forsaken step of the printmaking process, edging out the Bklyn hipsters printing ironic tote-bags. I was at Pratt alone today and got stuff done.

When I went to the main building I ran into a dude that was in my class. He asked if I showed my work, and mentioned that we should do a joint show. I said, no, all my artwork is under my bed, but I would love to show. His stuff is pretty rad; I was flattered. Thanks Kaleb. The biggest hurdle is framing 8 or 10 pieces. Shit ain't cheap! But it is a personal and realistic goal. There are a million coffee shops here. Many are aching for some original Chez Moni artwork...

No comments: