Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Love My Mama

When I go to the grocery store, and mentally add the contents of my cart during checkout, and come within .96 cents of my budget, I think of you.

When I sing our daughter to sleep, I think of you.

When I get dressed in the morning and hear a voice that says "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have", I think of you.

When Elton John comes on the radio and I start belting out "And I think it's gonna be a long, long time!", I think of you, and wonder why you don't like Elton.

When I am not sure to whether use the word "whom" or "who", I think of you, then I call you.

When I make a cup of tea to perk up on a Saturday afternoon before hosting a dinner party, I think of you.

When I feel guilty because I'm inside on a gorgeous day, I think of you.

When I randomly pick up litter to do some earth housekeeping, I think of you.

Thanks for being the most wonderful mother, Teri Michaud!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Very sweet Shawner!!!

Unknown said...

that was lovely