Sunday, August 29, 2010

Crossfit glory!

Our Crossfit gym posted a blog about me and my post-due workouts. I had stopped working out around the end of my 8th month, but then started going again right around my due date to get things moving along. I thought that some moderate activity might initiate labor. Plus I was getting bored. Unfortunately for me (but fortunate for my instructors and fellow gym goers, who were keeping a healthy distance) exercising didn't do the trick. (FYI, I ended up getting induced, and even that didn't go very quickly).

Being 42 weeks pregnant was a bummer, but at least I got some Crossfit glory, plus lots of fist bumps and encouraging words from people who thought it was awesome that I was still working out.

Dave and I went to Crossfit last week for a pot luck BBQ and to introduce Edie to the crew. Here's a great photo of Dave with our little girl.

Now when I'll return to Crossfit to workout is another story...I think I'll start with some bootleg home workouts first.

No comments: