Saturday, November 28, 2009

uncommon goods

I created this invite for my friend Annette, an event planner whom I met through the grapevine when planning our wedding last summer. She asked me to create a web-friendly invitation for a Seattle-area wedding vendor event....and she asked me to be a featured wedding invitation vendor. The event is basically the anti-wedding show. The invite concept was completely open, and I got inspired by some well-designed gin bottle labels. Gotta love that Hendrick's.

Annette and her compatriots really dig the invite, and asked if we could print it in addition to emailing. I'm blushing!

I have been clocking some serious hours in my studio (which leaves something to be desired, more on the shortcomings later). Today I potentially overcame a major mental road block on Ashley and Jeff's wedding invite. I'll be back tomorrow with fresh eyes and a clear head to clean it up. My Saturday and sanity were saved by Pandora and a stupidly good tofu sandwich from Dahlia Bakery. I didn't know tofu could taste sinful.

No comments: