Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cheers to 1980

Last week I celebrated my 29th birthday, and it went well, because I basically ate my way through the day. It all started with a mini coconut cream pie at 8am, washed down with coffee and half a cranberry scone. My office always provides birthday treats of our choosing and I requested Dahlia Bakery (cute shop that makes stupid good desserts, soups, and sandwiches). For lunch I went to my favorite downtown Seattle watering hole, the Virginia Inn. Although my ideal birthday included a Crossfit workout, you know that was the first item to get crossed off my schedule. Instead, I bought some flowers at Pike Place Market and then went home to eat some Hawaiian pizza and drink red wine with friends. And I shouldn't discount the appetizer that Dave set out, a big ol' bowl of Kit-Kat.

Dave got me a sweet Steve Largent throwback jersey for my birthday. The best thing about it? He was number 80. Just like the best year to be born!

No comments: