Sunday, December 14, 2008

'tis the season

The spirit of Christmas has seeped in over here and I love it. Last weekend, I bought my first tree. It is no bigger than a minute and I decorated it exclusively with birds. This wasn't my initial idea but I really liked these cheap birds that I found. Dave tried to sneak a money-symbol ornament on but I put the kibosh on that. Apparently, I have a bird-only tree policy.


Dave and I attended the annual Makers Christmas party last night. I drank about a hundred glasses of wine and we had a great time at the kids' table. It's essential to jockey for a good seat at these types of events. I've personally never got stuck with the old school crew, but I hear it can really put a damper on the night. Makers always throws down and this year was no exception. Here's a pic of me, Julie and my co-worker Brent's lady Athena. (Don't mind the outfit replay... I rocked this dress at Michelle and Jay's rehearsal dinner.)

The party marked the one year anniversary of Dave and Chris' friendship. They were introduced at last year's party, started talking football and they've been practically BFFs ever since. Note their unplanned matching outfits. Adorable!

To add to the spirit of the season, it snowed last night. Here's a pic of the church across from our apartment, lightly dusted with snow.

No comments: