Wednesday, March 13, 2013

If pregnancy were a book...

“If pregnancy were a book, they would cut the last two chapters." - Nora Ephron

These days, I'm just lucky to find a shirt that fits before it's time to leave in the morning. There are multiple phases in pregnancy, and the glowy, magical, isn't-this-wonderful stage passed a while ago.  Now I'm in the my-body-feels-like-an-alien phase. I don't hate pregnancy, but the end is uncomfortable, tiring, and I believe I'm going to be asked every day by a colleague when I'm due. They think it's tomorrow.

I'm nearly 34 weeks (Etsy t-shirt find)
I do like that the days are getting longer, randomly warmer, and I spied a little green thing peeking out of the mulch today.

Ugh, the mulch!? Do I need to start thinking about doing yard work already? This worries me. Edie told me there's a river in our backyard, and unfortunately she's right. There's a long, thin pool of where a dead tree was felled, and it needs to be filled with dirt and covered in grass seed. This project feels out of my scope. Today my boss suggested hiring a landscaper to do a spring cleaning, and I embraced this idea wholeheartedly. I need to call my friend Jeff who has a landscaping company. STAT!

About all the yard I can handle (yet another Etsy gem)

I've finally got my hands on our shared Kindle. I first read The Fault in Our Stars, and finished in record time. Now I've got Gone Girl for book club. I am a library enthusiast, but with a Kindle I can have a book in the flick of a wrist, and that is amazingly efficient. I'm all for efficiency, and Amazon makes it way too easy to spend money. Also, I never said I was an early adopter (see Kindle, Gone Girl, The Fault in Our Stars).

Sweet ballet doll (you guessed it- Etsy!)

Tonight we went to a fundraiser at my mom's school for the annual musical, which she produces. The show is "Annie", and we're bringing Edie in a couple weeks. Edie's more of a ballet enthusiast than musical aficionado. She asked me to turn off Manu Chao during dinner the other night and put on "ballet". So I found a classical radio station and she was very into it. She wanted to see ballet dancers on t.v. while I tried to explain we just listen, not watch. I tried to find a ballet class for her, but they start at ages three and up. Who would've thought I'd have a ballerina on my hands? The Nutcracker set her passion on fire.

No comments: