Wednesday, October 31, 2012

One pretty kitty

Edie really loves our cat. Anyone who knows me or Dave knows that we were not historically cat people. When we moved into our house, Edie would search for cats on our neighborhood walks, so we decided a cat might be a nice, low maintenance addition to our family.

Enter Catsby. (I was reading 'The Great Gatsby' at the time of adoption. And I absolutely love naming stuff).

We all fell in love with Catsby pretty quickly. She's a young curious girl and she loves being outside. She stalks through our lawn as if she's a panther. And yes, she's brought us home a couple birds and a dead mole. Yum!

When we ask Edie what she dreamed about the night before, she says Catsby. When we inquire about what she's drawing, it's Catsby. Apparently all of her teachers know about Catsby too. Based on her love affair, it was pretty obvious Edie should be a cat for Halloween.

I just had to buy these shoes. I wish they came in adult sizes. Edie refuses to wear any other shoes since they arrived.

I picked up a black ballerina dress and a leopard-print sweater, as well as some ears. I drew whiskers with eyeliner and a nose with lipstick for 'catface'. Edie started meowing as soon as the outfit was complete. She had a parade at school, and we took her trick or treating on our street and my parents' neighborhood for her first real Halloween (last year was cancelled because of Frankenstorm, the year before she was only a few months old).

When we returned from my parents', our street was absolutely crawling with children. I've never lived in a place with such a vibrant Halloween street. There were tons of cars parked too, which meant people flocked here from other 'hoods.

Edie loved handing out candy to all the kids. She just waited at the door, candy in hand, and shrieked with delight when they approached, "More peoples! More peoples!" She gave each princess, goblin, and ghoul a hand-picked candy. It was the cutest thing, and I just had to write it down before I forgot.

p.s. I was really proud of her costume last year, and hardly anyone got to see it. She was a garden gnome, and I may recreate it next year. I better hurry before she insists on picking her own costume.

Happy Halloween peoples!

No comments: