Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'll Take Hartford for $200, Alex

Hartford is my home city but I know so little about it. Now that I work downtown I'm learning a little bit, like good places to eat (Trumbull Kitchen), good places to get an Americano (yes, they exist if the owner of Jojo's makes it), and where to find the world's most un-friendly eyesore of an arena (The Civic Center, now called XL Center, is an urban planning nightmare). My cousin Marshall and two buddies have started a custom denim company here, resurrecting old industrial sewing equipment and bringing handmade manufacturing back to the city. The Hartford Courant published a great piece last week. I want to visit their shop and when I can scrap together the cash, order some custom jeans. Go Marshall!

Here are some pics of downtown, brushed with some Instagram love.

...and home

No comments: